Beyond Care is committed to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains how we will process and protect the personal information that you provide to us.
As a South African registered Company, all our data processing activities are primarily regulated by the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 (as amended from time to time) (referred to in this privacy notice as the “POPI Act”). For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, the terms “personal information” and “process”, are as defined in the POPI Act.
Who we are
We are Beyond Care Proprietary Limited (Registration Number: 2017/337928/07), a travel healthcare company based in the Republic of South Africa that strives to enrich lives by guiding you through exclusive and exceptional medical and life journeys. Beyond Care coordinates travel needs and assists with arranging hotel accommodation, transfers, medical visa’s, interpreters and other travel related Services in South Africa, for people coming to South Africa to undergo a Medical Procedure.
We take a proactive approach to the privacy of our website users and we take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisation measures to secure the integrity and confidentiality of the personal information we process and protect your personal information throughout your visiting experience.
Personal information is information which identifies you as an individual, including but not limited to your name and contact details and any other information that you may provide to us through this website or through any forms that you are required to complete when enquiring about the provision of our Services.
While using our website or engaging with us for the provision of any of our services, you may be required to provide us with your personal information, for example by sending through an enquiry on a contact form in our website, subscribing to our newsletters, or contracting our services.
In certain instances, you may be required to provide us with medical information, which is classified as special personal information in terms of the POPI Act. The collection of medical information from you is necessary in order for us to connect you with a Medical Specialist in South Africa, to perform your Medical Procedures, and it may also be necessary for us to share that information with your chosen Medical Specialist in order for him/her to perform the necessary Medical Assessment and assess the viability of receiving the Medical treatment you wish to travel to South Africa for.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in three possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up on our website, enquire about our services, participate in any activities on our website that request the disclosure of personal information, purchase our products or services or communicate with us, you are choosing to voluntarily give us certain personal information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
On providing us with Directly Provided Data, you are expressly consenting to us collecting and processing that personal information, including any medical information that constitutes special personal information, in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions. You also consent to us sharing that information as provided for in this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions.
b. When you give us permission to obtain it from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain personal information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone. By accessing our website, you expressly consent to us obtaining User Authorised Data.
c. Information which has been made publicly available by you (“Publicly Available Data”)
We may access Publicly Available Data in order to communicate with you or provide you with our Services. This may include access to information that is publicly available such as your contact details, address, or VAT registration number (in order to provide you with a quotation).
What will we use your personal information for?
We may use (or process) your personal information (including, where applicable your special personal information, for example your medical information) for the following purposes:
· To respond to your enquiries and to send you a proposal or quote for our Services;
· To provide you with our Services and/or to conclude or perform a contract with you, or to take any take steps linked to or necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract with you;
· To connect you with an appropriate Medical specialist and/or Medical Facility in South Africa for your required Medical Procedure;
· For inclusion on our client database;
· For general marketing and communication purposes, where you have given us consent to do so, including but not limited to inviting you to attend any events or expo’s we are attending or hosting, sending you information about our latest Services and promotional offers, sending you updates on our blog and developments within our industry; sending you general marketing material (including electronic communications) relating to other Services that you may be interested in. You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications and newsletters at any time and we will not market to you further, once you have successfully unsubscribed;
· Where necessary, for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests may include, but are not limited to:
– operating, managing and monitoring the use of our website;
– verifying your identity when you sign in to our website;
– updating you with operational news and information about our website and services, for example to notify you about any changes to our website, website disruptions or security updates;
– improving our Services and managing our relationship with you, for example by asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a client satisfaction survey;
– performing general administrative and performance functions and activities relating to the operation and running of our business and of our website, and managing our legal and operational affairs;
· For any purposes which are required or authorised by law;
· For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When can we disclose or share your personal information?
We value and respect the confidentiality and privacy of the personal information that you entrust us with. We are not in the business of selling your personal information and we will not share or disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Service.
By using our website and/or engaging with us for the provision of our Services, you acknowledge and agree that we may share your personal information (including, where applicable your special personal information, for example your medical information) in the following instances:
· If it is necessary in order to provide you with a Service that have you have requested or contracted us to provide or source on your behalf;
· If it is in your legitimate interest;
· If it is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by a public body;
· If it is required or authorised by law;
· With our third party service providers, in order to provide you with our Services, or for the administration and management of our business, including any subcontractors, outsourced service providers, suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents and our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.);
· With your selected Medical Specialist and/or Medical Facility, for the purposes of conducting a Medical Assessment and for all purposes relating to the performance of the Medical Procedure you require;
· With our employees, who may require that information to do their jobs;
· With regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
· With a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business or the shares of our company, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
· With a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks.
How long do we keep your Personal Information for?
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the personal information you provide to us through any profile registered on our website while your website account is in existence, and/or as long as is needed to be able to provide the Services to you.
We may also retain your information for an extended period of time as required, even after you have closed your account on our website or the personal information is no longer needed to provide the Services to you, if retention is legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions.
The personal information that has been included on our client database and that is used for marketing and communication purposes will be retained by us until you request to be removed or unsubscribe from these communications.
What are your privacy rights?
You are entitled to:
· Request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you;
· Verify, update, change or correct the personal information you have submitted to us, in the event that the personal information is inaccurate or outdated;
· Request the destruction or deletion of personal information we hold about you (where legally permitted) and/or to object to your personal information being processed by us (on reasonable grounds);
· Request that you be removed from our client database;
· Once any contract we have with you for the provision of our Services has come to an end, to close your account created on our website through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes;
· Unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can contact us (i) using our website contact form; (ii) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or (iii) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to any of your personal or other account information that we process and/or retain within 30 days of your access request. In certain circumstances, such as when we are required retain or withhold disclosure of certain personal information by law, and we cannot provide you access to all of your personal information or we cannot change, rectify or delete your personal information, we will explain why we cannot do so.
Our commitment to Data Security
Safeguarding the personal information you give us or we receive about you is a priority for Beyond Care. We take appropriate and reasonable security measures to protect against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information.
This website complies with all applicable South African privacy laws and requirements (i.e. the POPI Act) for the protection of your personal information. We will hold all personal information supplied by you securely in accordance with the requirements of the POPI Act.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files saved to your computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about your interactions and usage of our website. This allows our website, through its server to provide you with a tailored experience within this website.
Cookies only store information from your browser. They cannot access data or information on your computer’s hard drive, and they cannot transfer viruses to your computer or your mobile device.
If you want to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto your computer’s hard drive, you should take necessary steps within your web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and any external serving vendors.
Third Party Sites
Our website may provide links to other third party websites that are outside of our control and not covered by this Privacy Notice. Beyond Care is not liable for any information, content, products, services, software, or other materials available on or through any external website. The use of an external website or any information or content found on any external website is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of that website.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. If we make changes that affect the way the we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a revised statement on our Website. Where appropriate, we may also notify you by additional means.